Re: [MiNT] RPM --> cpio --> TGZ

The whole world is pretty much using RPM by convenience.
Want to go back to tgz?  who's up to maintain user inconsistencies with
tgz, should I put this bin in /usr/local/bin or /opt/package/bin ?
RPM is a good way to consolidate distributions, a coherant system.

tgz is very much needed still, but in many case, a rpm is more
appropriate.

That's all.

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Noah silva wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I remembered someone was interested in converting the RPMs to TGZ as they
> found it much more convenient.  Since I also do, and I am converting all
> of them anyway, I can offer on FTP the CPIO and/or TGZ files (I am using
> CPIO ATM).
>
> Reply personally if you are interested, and I will put them up for public
> access if their are no major objections from the author ;)
>
> Thanks,
>    Noah Silva

                                            /
MiNT Is Now TOS, let's move on, shall we?  /
                                          /