Re: [MiNT] X server?

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 14:45:05 +0200 (MET), Ralph Lowinski wrote:

RL>The main way starting a x-client is to type in it as a command in
RL>a shell window.  If _that_ doesn't work anymore, the server is
RL>heavily buggy.

Or the mintnet setup is probably not 100% OK, I would say. If I
understand it well the first thing an X client tries to do is to parse
the $DISPLAY, get the IP address and connect to the server via sockets
port 6000, right? So correct $DISPLAY and working sockets are a must.
What about adding a simple socket test into the X server? So it could
report immediately "your system is broken, get newer .XDD" or alike?

RL>The only solution I know at the moment is to append some file
RL>extension (e.g. '.x11') to the client programs and make the
RL>server an application for that in the desktop program.

I tried this as well, same result (i.e. can't open display after a
while).

Petr
--
News: Clocky 3.02F, PARCP 3.80, Atari800 1.05 at http://joy.atari.org/