Re: [MiNT] X server?

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:09:07 +0200 (MET), Ralph Lowinski wrote:

RL>The server reports imediately, if it detects some activity at port
RL>6000.  So we can be pretty shure, that the problem is somewhere in
RL>the deepness of the network protocoll layers.

OK, I found it. In /etc/rc.net I had

ifconfig lo0 addr 127.0.0.0 up
route add 127.0.0.1 lo0

After fixing the ifconfig addr to 127.0.0.1 X system started working.

You may be laughing now for the rc.net stupid bug but I thought I would
report it here because I remember I was told to set the rc.net that way
by someone long time ago and it's quite possible that other people have
the same problem (and I do know about couple of people with "can't open
display").

Petr
--
News: Clocky 3.02F, PARCP 3.80, Atari800 1.05 at http://joy.atari.org/