Re: [MiNT] X server?

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 18:24:24 , joy@sophics.cz (Petr Stehlik) wrote:
[...]
> ~/x11# netstat -a
> Active TCP connections
> Proto  Recv-Q Send-Q Local-Address        Foreign-Address      State
> TCP         0      0 127.0.0.1:6000       127.0.0.0:1026       SYNRCVD
> TCP         0      0 127.0.0.0:1026       127.0.0.1:6000       SYNSENT
> TCP         0      0 *:6000               *:*                  LISTEN

The both SYNC...-states shows that the network-layer is still in
the initialization phase.  In this case I would say that something
went wrong with the tcp-layer.  I had similar problems with ppp to
a provider, but never found out why that occured.

[...]
> What else could I try?

Another test is to start the server and try to connect with a wrong
network protocol. E.g. "lynx http://localhost:6000/"; should cause
the server to report connection errors about wrong byte order.
Same works with cab, wget or telnet.  If there is also no reaction,
the failure must depends on the MiNT-net setup.

Ralph