Re: [MiNT] RPM --> cpio --> TGZ

> doesn't have it's place.  On the other hand, when I just want to install
> some trivial thing like "Sudo", _without_ buying into RPM it is a pain to
> have dependency problems, etc., just to get the thing installed.

Dependency problems has nothing to do with RPM (or any other package
manager like DEB); in other words: Don't blame the messenger. :) Be glad
that RPM warns you of them. And if the depencency is something you have
but not in RPM, it's not that difficult to just put it in the
provides-file or to simply use --nodeps.

> Again, I am not trying to start any fights ;)  Just help provide what
> people want.  I just offered the files since I will be making them anyhow.

Nothing wrong with that :)

Maurits