Re: [MiNT] MiNT-Net under FreeMiNT 1.15.12 dials

Hi Frank,

Your suggestion worked well. I think the real problem was I had accidently
copied the SCC.XDD in the folder when setting the rest up.... but I disabled
the HSMODEM stuff can now just use the SCC.XDD for the dial up connection.

The system now dials and negotiates, but drops the carrier, I assume after
failing the authentication or obtaining of an IP address.

I use a PAP service and I am not quite sure I have set the files up right,
as I am more at home with the STinG and STiK files.

Here's what I have now:

/etc/options

# Example options
# for the MiNT-Net for lamers project

# Enter the serial device (ttya=modem1 etc.)
ttyS1

# Device speed
57600

my file /etc/ppp/peers/erc called by "pppd call erc"

# Example for /etc/ppp/peers
# for th MiNT-Net for lamers project

# Please change nothing below this point
crtscts
lock
modem
debug
noipdefault
defaultroute
-vj
asyncmap 0
netmask 255.255.255.0

# The values for mru and mtu you get from you provider
mru 1500
mtu 1500

# Put your user word
user MY_USERNAME_HERE

# At this point chat is executed with the chat script
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -f u:/etc/ppp/pppchat.erc"

My chatscript as shown is /etc/ppp/pppchat.erc

TIMEOUT 90
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT BUSY
ABORT ERROR
"" ATZ1
OK atL0
OK atdt0386600000
CONNECT

Finally I have the pap-secrets file also:

#Enteruseridentifierandpassword	*	#Enteruseridentifierandpassword
#Example	*	#Example
MY_USERNAME_HERE	*	MY_PASSWORD

Do these all look okay?

What else could be stopping the negotiation being successful, run out of
ideas and I can't get a decent log of this becuase syslogd is not logging
any events as I might have hoped... something is not set up right there
still.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Anthony