[MiNT] Memory protection on Afterburners

I used to enable memory protection on my AB back when I was running 1.15.5
and 1.15.6. With 1.15.10 and 1.15.12 this doesn't work anymore. This is what
happens:

If I run a shell-script from mint.cnf (I set up MiNT-net, unpacks an archive
and set some symlinks here) it will crash due to a memory violation. The
boot-process continue though.

It's when it comes to load the desktop the real problem shows up. First the
desktop (Thing 1.29b) crash, then N.Dialog and finally COPS. At this point
everything halts. Each application crash due to a memory violation, PC is
identical in each case. This also happens if I don't run anything from
mint.cnf.

I've tried with various cache-modes (including all caches disabled), this
doesn't make a difference. Disabling COPS and ST-Guide (the only accs I'm
using) doesn't help either. I'm only loading the desktop and N.Dialog from
n_aes.cnf. I haven't tried disabling these yet.

I used to think that there was a conflict with Johan Klockars modified
AB-driver (modified to support PCIBIOS) and/or fVDI, but yesterday I
reverted to a setup I know for sure used to work (original TKROMDRV and
NVDI/Videl). This didn't make a difference.

Frank, I know that you have an Afterburner (or atleast used to have one),
have you tested MP on this recently? If it works, what's the trick?

Jo Even Skarstein

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that
Vital Insurance/DnB Group cannot accept any payment orders or other
legally binding correspondance with customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the virus programs used
in the Vital Insurance/DnB Group.