Re: [MiNT] vim or elvis ?

It's my experience that tw52, and tw100 with TOSWIN is simply not a very
complete terminal emulation.  There are quite a few things I try to run that
TOSWIN just can't do without getting mucked up at some point or another.

I'm not sure what machine you have.  On my old KEMD setup, I found that the
standard console, or virtual consoles stv52 do a much better job of screen
management than TOSWIN.  I haven't tried vcons since I moved to EasyMint.
Also note that the standard console, nor vcons support color (unless this has
been updated since last I tried).

An alternative, if you have the memory and speed to spare, is to install the GEM
based Xwindows server and xterm.  So far, I've yet to find or get compiled xterm
for mint that supports color.  Minus color, the xterm existing for mint works
quite well.

GEM X6 itself does support colors.  I once had this working with xterm from a
remote Intel based linux box.

Brian