[MiNT] EasyMint, Virtual Consoles, and Null PPP

Mint newbie here again!  I'm using a stock Atari Falcon.

I got EasyMint successfully installed, and also have XaAES working as well
with my screen extender (thanks for the help!), now I am messing with just
the text mode and virtual consoles.  I know that KMGD allowed for 3
consoles (or was it 2) with its default install, but I do not see how to
do the same in EasyMint.  But, I have looked from a Linux perspective.  I
have installed the MinGetty RPM package as well.

I also looked at trying to install VConsole 0.9b, but I did not seem to
have everything mentioned in the README file with the source code, or
maybe I am totally dense.  I'm not (yet) worried about a larger screen
than 25x80, but it would be nice to have multiple terminals going.

And PPP....  I'm trying to setup a up null modem PPP connection between an
Intel Linux box with net access and the Falcon.  I can get the machines to
talk to each other thru terminal programs, but I can not get PPP to stay
running on both machines....  I am using the same method described in the
Linux PPP HOWTO to get this going, with the only addtion being that I am
adding the 'noauth' parameter on the server side, which is the Linux box.

Basically, what happens is that I start pppd on the linux side, and it
waits, and as soon as I start pppd in MiNT, the Linux side exits with an
error (which I am forgetting right now).  Without 'noauth' specified on
the command line, the Linux side complains about authentication, and then
exits when the Mint side is brought up.

Any pointers, or places I can look for more documentation on what to do?

Thanks!

Keith