Re: [MiNT] Shutdown and CT60

>>> You see, this very small tools are so easy to understand that only you
>>> are capable of maintaining it (gemma slb have 126 source files).
>>
>> And which of these files need update?
>
> Do you think the gemma library is bugfree?

Definitely not, but it is possible that I am not capable of seeing the bugs.
This is why I asked the question, and I still exspect (a specific) answer.

>> Maybe. But I don't have time to fix for now (or you don't understand
>> English?).
>
> And in the mean time I must say: sorry, the shutdown is not working under
> memory protection :-)

I am very sorry about that, but, as I several times pointed out, I currently
have no time to fix that. And I even specified the therm: until October. I
am very sorry, but until that term I will not be able to do ANYTHING. I
nevertheless exspect - as I see - that I'll have to repeat this several
times yet.

>> So write own shutdown program, remove the slb from the CVS repository and
>> stop complaining finally.
>
> I expected something like this :-)
>
> To go back to the original mail, I just suggested for Adam if he already
> modify the shutdown it's a good idea to remove the slb dependency. I have
> good arguments for that and I'm sure such a solution is much better in the
> longterm.

This is why I suggested you to remove the SLB from the CVS repository. I am
sure it will make many people much happier. Nevertheless I still dislike the
conversion. I will of course maintain the library privately (because I
consider it useful for my own private purposes). In the future.

> The gemma lib have nice ideas but practically you are the only developer
> who know how it's working and what's going on there. Also it was a long
> way to get a version into cvs if you remember. And finally I never got it
> reliable working here (maybe I'm to stupid for slb) but most time it
> crashed, sometimes crashed my system or simply don't worked as expected
> (and I don't know what happens if people try to use it that are not so
> familiar with FreeMiNT).

I accept the naked fact that the gemma.slb is probably buggy. But I have
never received any specific bug report. Simply remove it and we forget about
the problem.

--?
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est, aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (T. Liuius XXIV, 25).