Re: [MiNT] fVDI issues

Hello

I can't understand all you said it's a little bit too difficult for me sorry!

I just said that I have write my own AES (MyAeS still a lot buggy and not finish) and this AES can already call directly from an application in user mode (last Kronos 1.7 release use it), but in fact I not see the interest of this except to change of CPU, where trap will not be allowed, because I not think that you win speed with this, because most of time the AES stop process and wait for an event.
I think interest for speed is for the VDI only.
Working in user mode, is easier for stack limitation in supervisor, but all old software can't take avantage of this (except with some assembly manipulation). Now to be in user mode the aes can be more easier crash by a buggy application (the part in user mode), except to use a system call to allowed during the aes call the program to jump in the aes (or the user aes part), and only at this time, it near the same when an application call a trap!

Perhaps I have not understand anything so sorry if my message is out of the conversation

Olivier Landemarre