Re: [MiNT] MiNT, CT60 and power off

on 1/8/04 5:25 PM, Francois LE COAT at lecoat@lutece.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Frank Naumann wrote:
>> Btw. there are no different caches. It's just a matter of the strategy of
>> handling modified cache data (that can be set for each drive seperatly
>> to either write-through or write-back).
>
> Well then, to summarize my deep thoughts : you shouldn't have taken
> the good old GEMDOS TOSFS file system out from FreeMiNT. This is
> the only reliable file system. Its behavior is well known. There's
> many tools that enable to fix problems when it occurs. I can't
> trust in further developments without it. It's up to you to go
> where ever you want with the kernel. That's not my way, right ?

I pretty much use the lasted everything, even without memory protection
and while learning assembler the past 2 months or so I have caused virtually
every kind of crash you can imagine.  Total freezes ups and even sudden
reboots, bombs, you name it.  Not to mention my assembler work involves
reading and writing files, and I have not had any HD problems whatsoever.

To be honest I am amazed at the abuse my MiNT system withstands on a daily
basis!  ;o)  This is an 060 as well.

May I ask what development package you are using?

--
Lonny Pursell