Re: [MiNT] freemint 1.16.0b stability

>>> etc etc... I understand what you mean, but don't forget one thing -
>>> in compare to some application (qed, for example), testing the OS
>>> itself
>>> is a quite different.
>>
>> Maybe, but it is necessary anyways. And when you don't test, you get
>> unfixed bugs. That's the reality.
>
> I think we have different views of 'beta'-software. For me, the beta
> is released to have the bugs detected so they are gone for the final
> release.

Perhaps, but how does this matter facing the mikro's statement that he won't
test untested OS? I understand that he simply won't do testing, because he
is afraid about his disk. No matter if the OS release is marked alpha, beta,
gamma or omega.

And a beta untested in alpha stage may be equally dangerous as alpha itself,
right? So what's the matter?

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to juz natura pospólstwa, albo sluzalczo sie plaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).