Re: [MiNT] Trans.: Re: Questions about 68040

>> Not to mention that Atari Corp. stated in 1992 (along with TOS 4
>> release) that user programs should not use Line-A anymore. I think
>> then that 12 years is enough time for this information to be spread
>> among everyone interested
>
> But they (the corp.) haven't provided an alternate way for say
> changing
> the system font or generally working with the screen from TOS app so
> this statement is useless.

Nopes. Petr, I wrote "user programs". USER programs. USER PROGRAMS. Is an
user program to be changing system font? Nopes, only system can do that. So
you write a nice driver that uses Line-A or whatever, but USER PROGRAM that
calls this driver DOES NOT and SHOULD NOT know about Line-A.

As for "working with the screen from TOS app", there is VDI, and Atari
recommended to use VDI.

--
CVV
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz, http://draco.atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** aut seruit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
** Taka to już natura pospólstwa, albo służalczo się płaszczy,
** albo bezczelnie się panoszy. (Liwiusz XXIV, 25).