Re: [MiNT] bash 3.0

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 10:19, Frank Naumann wrote:
> Hello!
>
> > can't use bash 3.0 certainly won't be able to compile bash 2.  Sparemint could start
> > saving old packages but it might require some coding.  I'm a php man, not a perl man ;-)
>
> Oh, you can rewrite the scripts in php if you like :-)
>

> Regards,
> Frank

Hrmm..  Really big job ;-)  My scripts would probably be completely
dynamic and database driven versus the current system which seems to be
cron driven.  I would probably have a user approval system where each
user could hold accounts and a package could be entered into a "new
packages" area.  People can test it and either give it a thumbs up or
thumbs down.  Above a certain approval threshold means it gets put into
sparemint.  Also sparemint will do version tracking and have all
versions up to the initial creation of this beast.  In addition, I'd
like to have several repositories.  Like sparemint lowmem (no cares
about age), sparemint current (newish stuff), and 060 and heavy opts
sparemint current.  A new package would be committed as sparemint
current, and it would send it down to my falcon who would build the 060
version ;-).  It could be really interesting!

Mark
http://portal.atari-source.com