[MiNT] Fwd: Re: GCC 3.x

I think you wanted to reply to the ML ;)

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Patrice Mandin" <mandin.patrice@wanadoo.fr>
To: "Arnaud BERCEGEAY" <arnaud.bercegeay@free.fr>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] GCC 3.x
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:11:18 +0200

Le Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:37:38 +0200
"Arnaud BERCEGEAY" <arnaud.bercegeay@free.fr> a écrit:

Hmm.. just a question for GCC3 users: what do you wait to provide a gcc
3.x rpm ?

Because it is a bit too hard to do ? I would need to dig into the gcc 2.95
spec file, and use ARAnyM+JIT to compile it, because rpms packages can not
be built via cross-compilation :-[.

I have a question: is it possible to have both gcc 2.95 and gcc 3
installed on the same machine, without conflict ?

Yes, you can choose which one to use with 'gcc -V <version>'.

IIRC, C++ libraries compiled with gcc 2.95 are not compatible with
C++ library for gcc 3 (and vice versa).

This is not a problem here, because all programs are statically linked
(for the moment :-)).