Re: [MiNT] My remarks (2)

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> Sarcastic replies were done, because of the weight you seem to attribute to
> this question.

The whole weight was given to it by the spanish inquisition that followed
it, not my remark. It's this aspect of your discussion techniques that
annoys me the most: Whining on and on about details into irrelevance, and
then blaming me of making a fuss out of it.

> *Apparently* the rest of the world does not treat this as so
> deadly important, as you seem to do.

No I don't. I just answered to the question about my original remark, and
the attacks that followed it, showed that SOME people here (me NOT
included) view it as deadly important. You most of all, seeing the fact
that you're still going on.

> > Caps lock is a part of character input.
>
> Nopes, CapsLock is a control key (the same class as: SHIFT, ALT, CTRL,
> INSERT, CLRHOME and ALTGR).

The fact that you still don't see the distinction I mean, makes it all the
more useless to discuss this at all with you. One more try:

Caps and shift are for modifying the alphabetic characters you are typing;
ctrl, alt and cmd are for issuing commands and this does not happen in the
middle of entering a word. Hence the fundamental difference in their
ergonomic use, and hence the reason why the vast majority of keyboards has
them outside the vertical middle.

> You are right in one thing: you really, to use your own words, "lock
> stupid".

Look who's talking. You start fighting when you don't even know what the
point is, and go on when you still don't understand and everybody else has
stopped.

Maurits.