Re: [MiNT] Current Binaries

Hi Frank,

Frank Naumann wrote:
I meant everybody's time, do you understand ? Great work can't
be hidden for everyone ...

It's not hidden, it's all in the public available cvs repository. I'm sure it's much more easily to be uptodate with cvs as on the development process before as Henk developed alone on it and released sources and binaries from time to time.

I'm not complaining about the transformation of XaAES from standalone
version to a XaAES kernel module ... The evolution was probably for
the benefit of the AES ... That's not my thoughts or my resentment ...

No that wasn't the point ! The problem is that XaAES is now located in
the CVS, and that you don't seem to be aware about something ... For
sure sources are available for anyone. But you know, for example, a
Ferrari sport car is available to anyone, so far as he has enough
money to buy it ... For freeMiNT or XaAES it is the same thing : it
is available to anyone, so far as he has the adequate development
environment, that is not affordable, so long as you are not a freeMiNT
developing member ... Do you understand ? There's not a unique
way (that is yours) to develop softwares for the freeMiNT operating
system ... All the required tools are useless to a common ATARI
developer, and unknown to a common ATARI machine owner
(administrator) ... You should understand that !

That's why a binary snapshot of your work is really required !
That can't wait for the irregular freeMiNT's kernel release ...
Your work can't be only available to a happy fews !

Regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org