Re: [MiNT] Current Binaries

Hello!

satisfying. Since then I've heard on this list that good progress had
been made ... If I trust what is really been done, if XaAES must be
released at the same time as the kernel, there will be for sure a
real waist of time !

No, that's wrong (at least it's not intended). The .km is independant of the kernel. The kernel need only to be updated on major changes on the internal interface between the .km and the kernel.

My opinion is that the development of the kernel is not as fast as
for XaAES. So, it is a real waist of time to release those
simultaneously.

Yes, this is not strictly necessary for sure. Only for major changes on the interface between the .km and the kernel.

I knew a period where your WEB site was really active releasing
XaAES. Except for the major transformation of XaAES from standalone
to kernel module, since then there wasn't any activity to release
something. I can't imagine that work was so hard since 1.16.0 beta,
that meanwhile no any release was produced.

I stopped gokmase's engagement a little bit as I wanted to make a new beta.

I meant everybody's time, do you understand ? Great work can't
be hidden for everyone ...

It's not hidden, it's all in the public available cvs repository. I'm sure it's much more easily to be uptodate with cvs as on the development process before as Henk developed alone on it and released sources and binaries from time to time.

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060