Re: [MiNT] Current Binaries

Hi Joakim,

Joakim Högberg wrote:
Anyway http://xaaes.atari.org is dead ... A real waist of time !

Excuse me? Since when is it dead? I spoke to Ozk about making a new snapshot release just days ago.
Reason why there have been few binary releases for a while is that many changes were due lately,
which needed fixes in the kernel.

I didn't want to hurt you ... Really.

The latest release of XaAES was done with the 1.16.0 beta release of the
kernel. This was a major release, because XaAES turned from a standalone
to a kernel module version. XaAES in its latest km release wasn't
satisfying. Since then I've heard on this list that good progress had
been made ... If I trust what is really been done, if XaAES must be
released at the same time as the kernel, there will be for sure a
real waist of time !

My opinion is that the development of the kernel is not as fast as
for XaAES. So, it is a real waist of time to release those
simultaneously.

I knew a period where your WEB site was really active releasing
XaAES. Except for the major transformation of XaAES from standalone
to kernel module, since then there wasn't any activity to release
something. I can't imagine that work was so hard since 1.16.0 beta,
that meanwhile no any release was produced.

So. I'm not complaining anything about you, be sure ! But I'm
worried ... If the next release of XaAES is planed together
with freeMiNT kernel, it means in a really not defined delay,
it will really be a waist of time !

Meanwhile XaAES is making huge improvements, thanks to active
freeMiNT members, and it is available only for a tiny fews ...

Whos time is waisted? Mine?

I meant everybody's time, do you understand ? Great work can't
be hidden for everyone ... That's what I meant calling XaAES
project "dead" since it was included in the CVS. We can't
have a XaAES project indexed for its publication, on the
kernel rhythm of development ...

I will ignore your discouraging words for sure.

You misunderstood ... I wasn't complaining about you ...

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org