Re: [MiNT] Current Binaries

Hi,

>My opinion is that the development of the kernel is not as fast as
>for XaAES. So, it is a real waist of time to release those
>simultaneously.

Yes, now that the API for XaAES/FreeMiNT has been stabilized, I agree.

>So. I'm not complaining anything about you, be sure ! But I'm
>worried ... If the next release of XaAES is planed together
>with freeMiNT kernel, it means in a really not defined delay,
>it will really be a waist of time !

A new official beta is planned before the end of this month, or so I was told.
I intend to get back to more regular binary snapshot releases after this one has
hit the streets. I'll talk to Frank about a possible binary snapshot before this too.

>Meanwhile XaAES is making huge improvements, thanks to active
>freeMiNT members, and it is available only for a tiny fews ...

True, this is a problem. And also, it is the #1 reason why I onces started the website.

>I meant everybody's time, do you understand ? Great work can't
>be hidden for everyone ... That's what I meant calling XaAES
>project "dead" since it was included in the CVS. We can't
>have a XaAES project indexed for its publication, on the
>kernel rhythm of development ...

No I agree with you there. I am for sure intending to release binary snapshots again,
and am in regular contact with both Ozk and Charon, who both has been contributing
in the past.

Meanwhile, I encourage anyone here on MiNT list (or elsewhere too, for that matter!)
to share some screenshots with me, so ppl can see what XaAES can look like!

>> I will ignore your discouraging words for sure.
>
>You misunderstood ... I wasn't complaining about you ...

Okies, then I misunderstood what you wrote. No harm done ;)

Regards,

Joakim