Re: [MiNT] Current Binaries

on 9/24/04 5:45 AM, Francois LE COAT wrote:

> You're right Petr. Access to latest freeMiNT requires the right soft
> and hardware ... But furthermore it requires knowledge of the building
> tools, terminal console usage, tricks because the Makefile doesn't
> work right away ... A user or administrator of the freeMiNT OS doesn't
> need all this hardware or knowledge ... There's a real gap ! Anyone
> is not a freeMiNT guru, so long as there are people that could be
> guru here ...

I do not agree about the make files.  All of the items in the freemint
related CVS have always built fine for me.  My primary language is GFA
and if I can make this stuff compile it's not that hard.  I am not defending
the no binaries approach here, just this one point has never been an issue
for me whilst using the freemint CVS.  ;-)

The only time make gives me problems is when I try to compile other
packages, non-mint CVS related such as gbm, transgif. Specifically things
which I downloaded and installed myself.

Daily builds I think is overkill and a waist of time even if someone wants
to do that.  However, I do think monthly builds would be a plus.

--
Lonny Pursell