Re: [MiNT] GCC help

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 17:18 +0200, Peter Slegg wrote:
> Are there any documents to help me get started using GCC
> with Mint ?

Building the compiler or just using it ?  For using it, its all the
usual Unix documentation.

> I am experimenting by trying to port an application called
> RRD-Tool but I have hit a problem with the IEEE library
> when doing configure. It can't find it.

RRD-Tool is awesome, especially when combined with the perl module for
it.  GCC should be an IEEE compatible compiler so it should work out of
the box!

Configure fails (under my cross-compiler environment anyway) and I
haven't figured out why.  The test program does build, so configure
seems to be the problem I guess.  Try hacking configure so it just
doesn't do the test for IEEE.

checking for fpclassify... no
checking for fpclassify with <math.h>... no
checking for finite... yes
checking for isinf... yes
checking if realloc can deal with NULL...
checking if IEEE math works out of the box... yes
configure: creating ./config.status

I hope you have a good FPU!  RRDTool is heavy on floating point math.

> I also tried to compile Newsiebut hit another problem with
> DOS.H

Can't help there.