Re: [MiNT] XAAES slow?

man, 20,.06.2005 kl. 08.37 -0400, skrev Standa Opichal:
> Hi!
>
> Just few notes/answers:
>
> * It seems to me that the subject 'XAAES slow?' changed to 'Blame
> others'. What about solving the root of the problem here? :(

 Sorry if that is what it sounded like. I thought I defined quite well
what "the problem is", but apparently one selects what one wants to
read. What I said is that WinDom makes loads of unnecessary calls on
each WM_REDRAW, and that zView serviced its redraws very slow because
"the problem is that wind_set() in XaAES is slow". <-- read carefully!!!

 I dont know what the root of the problem is here? I also said that this
is fixed, XaAES now caches wind_calc() calls and is faster than N.AES on
'cache-hits'.

> * There has always been open discussion with WinDom developers until we
> reached some point we could agree on (Unlike here :().

 Does the WinDom authors read this list?

> * Definitely bring the discussion on the WinDom list if this proves to
> be the N.AES vs. XAAES problem ;)))

 I think such a discussion belongs here, because it is XaAES that tries
to evolve.

 One thing is for sure; wind_calc() can not be used like in WinDom if we
want to be able to change themes without restarting the AES. So here we
can start discussing solutions....

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke