Re: [MiNT] XAAES slow?

Hello!

Ok, I found out why zView is so slow regarding handling of WM_REDRAWs.

Again, Zview isn't slow in the redraw because it's fast on *any* others AES.

That's not a real argument I think.

The problem is that on XaAES, wind_calc() is slow.

This is the real problem.

And ozk already mentioned that he cache now the wind_calc result inside XaAES and that this heavily speedup the redraw (and it should now the same as on other AES).

Beside from that I think for zview (or the underlying library) it's also good to know about overflous AES calls that can be optimized away (with additional speedup).

So theoretically all should be happy now :-)

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060