Re: [MiNT] XAAES slow?

 Hi,

<..>

> >  This leads me to think that there may be a problem with the CPU cache
> > on the 060... I cannot think of other reasons why the drivers work on
> > 1.15 and not 1.16.. I will investigate a bit..
> >

> I am not surewhy you suspect your driver if it works with 1.15, I would
> have expected the kernel to be the cause.

 Yes perhaps that is the case.. wish I knew for sure :)

> I am not sure how to deactivate the data cache. Can it be done without
> a reboot or do I need to edit the mint.cnf ?

 Easiest way is to use 'MiNT Setter' accessory by Kellis. Click the icon
with the cpu on it and deselect 'data cache'. Test the network with this
off and see if things improve.

> Did I read that there has been a change in the cache sizes or block sizes
> or something like that ?

 No, nothing that involves the cpu cache or mmu page sizes I believe.

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke