Re: [MiNT] WM_REPOSED implementation

lør, 10,.12.2005 kl. 13.27 -0600, skrev Evan Langlois:
> > 1. By default, send WM_SIZED whenever a windows has been resized, regardless
> > of which parameter has been changed. I.e. just send the new x, y, width and
> > height of the window.
>
> Odd has already blatantly refused to change it and using his REPOSED is

 Yes, he definately has! Guess what, I did lots of testing before
reaching this sceme. What tests did you do? You keep on babbling,
babbling, babbling. So much 'non-info' comes out of your emailer that
you will soon force me to figure out how to set a killfile.

> the only way you can't get 2 messages.   Its a solution that fixes
> nothing.  My guess is, he's one of the people that has been making

 I suggest you grab the source, do a few tests and come back if what you
say really works. Or else shut up!

> applications that throw away the XY coordinates of WM_SIZED and the only
> way to save face is to yell and scream about SIZED "by definition"
> doesn't move a window and all that crap.  Its the only thing that makes
> sense.

 You are right about that. I did this before I started working on XaAES.
Do you think I was alone? Do you think I was the only programmer that
did this? Let me ask you, if I was, do you think I would modify XaAES's
handling of this just to accomodate my two-three apps?

> > 2. Make it possible to disable this on a per application basis. E.g. a
> > keyword called "no_smooth_resize" or something similar that tells XaAES to
> > send first WM_MOVED with the new position, then WM_SIZED with the new
> > geometry.

> Or .. Have the AES detect it.

 You tell me how. How do you make the AES detect this when there's no
defined relation between what the AES sends and what calls the
application actualy does, or between what the messages contains vs.
calls the app may do because of messages?

> If you send a WM_SIZED, and the application calls wind_set and sets a
> new WH and doesn't set a new XY AND it those values have changed, only
> then, ignore that wind_set() and send another WM_MOVED message and use
> the wind_set() from that. You could even cache that the program is
> broken in a config file.

 And how can the AES be sure the wind_set() is done on behalf of the
WM_xx message the AES just sent?

 Odd Skancke