Re: [MiNT] implementation

Lonny Pursell wrote:
I have just looked these up in my Atari devkit and it states:

4.2.5.10 WM_SIZED
- word 0 = 27
- word 3 = the handle of the window
- word 4 = the requested X-coordinate (should remain the same as the
window's current Y-coordinate)
- word 5 = the requested Y-coordinate (should remain the same as the
window's current Y-coordinate)
- word 6 = requested width
- word 7 = requested height

4.2.5.11 WM_MOVED
- word 0 = 28
- word 3 = the handle of the window
- word 4 = requested X-coordinate
- word 5 = requested Y-coordinate
- word 6 = the requested width (should remain the same as the window's
current width)
- word 7 = the requested height (should remain the same as the window's
current height)

Copied from GEM Programmer's Guide Volume 2: AES
Third Edition: January 1989

In defense of Ozk, he is not making up any new rules here regarding the old
messages, they are in fact clearly documented as he stated.

Question is: is there any AES that violates its own rules.
I must admit that I just use the rectangle I get from the AES for
the wind_sets.

If NO AES including XaAES changes x,y for SIZED or w,h for MOVED
there is no problem whatsoever and Odd is correct that changing
both at the same time needs a new message ID.

Also remember that the application is fully entitled to do what it
likes at any of the AES messages. This very important freedom gives
application full control over their own windows.

What remains are applications that send improper MOVED/SIZED messages
to other applications.
But these are of no concern nor responsibility for AES developers.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers@chello.nl