Re: [MiNT] [Fwd: Re: Keyboard mapping on Milan with mint 1.16.2]

Hi Martin,

Martin Weidauer wrote:
I've got it!!! The problem was caused by clocky.prg. What the f... does clocky have to do with keyboard mappings?
Very much, as Clocky is even keyboard layout mapping tool. Originally it was intended for (not only) Czech users to have original keyboard layout and alternate czech (or other) layout. This layout setting is done via SETCLOCK.PRG (should be in the Clocky package).
Today I went back to the Milan TOS and stared to disable the different PRGs, ACCs, CPXes. And after disabling clocky.prg from my Auto folder the keyboard mapping works as described by Lingo. Using msetup.prg I can change between US and German. When clocky is active the Changes to NVRAM do not have any effect.
Sure, because Clocky made it's own keyboard layout.
I'm quite sure that I got clocky with the EasyMint installation (my second mint installation 1.15.x). So I will remove this one now.

So can someone explain why clocky blows up my keyboard? Is it needed these days for some reason or should I leave it out? maybe I have an outdated version?
More info at joy.atari.org - "Clocky III". It offers date and time on the screen, dynamic mouse accelerator, change keyboard layout, screen saver and some more ...
@ Peter Slegg: this could also be the cause of your keyboard problem.
No, Peters problem is in latest MilanTOS - my Milan has this problem too. I noticed the swapped character very early, as in shell scripts it is used often. I asked Michael Schwingen if he could correct it, but I've got some uncertain answer (if any, I don't remember anymore)

                         Bye P.B.S

              MILAN 060@60MHz  96MB RAM  S3-Trio64V2
                  21 GB HDD   36x CD-ROM TOSHIBA