Re: [MiNT] gcc-4.2.2-mint-20080127

Hrmm,

Yeah I had a meeting to go to and I wasn't able to use my laptop during the meeting like I thought I would. I rm -rf gcc folder but I'll give it another shot. I did so on the host side because strangely enough rm -rf a big folder on hostfs and aranym takes *forever*.

Thanks,
Mark

Keith Scroggins wrote:
Got this trying to patch:

root@arawork:/h/newgccbu/gcc-4.2.2>bzcat ../gcc-4.2.2-mint-20080127.patch.bz2 patching file libiberty/safe-ctype.c The next patch would create the file libstdc++-v3/config/os/mint/ctype_base.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n] y

Your source tree is not 'fresh.' The files are being created by the patch, and already exist, which is why you are getting that error I believe (you disappeared from IRC, otherwise I'd have gotten you there). Did you manually delete the other files?

Keith

patching file libstdc++-v3/config/os/mint/ctype_base.h
Patch attempted to create file libstdc++-v3/config/os/mint/ctype_base.h, which already exists.
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file libstdc++-v3/config/os/mint/ctype_base.h.rej The next patch would create the file libstdc++-v3/config/os/mint/ctype_inline.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libstdc++-v3/config/os/mint/ctype_inline.h.rej The next patch would create the file libstdc++-v3/config/os/mint/ctype_noninline.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libstdc++-v3/config/os/mint/ctype_noninline.h.rej The next patch would create the file libstdc++-v3/config/os/mint/os_defines.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file libstdc++-v3/config/os/mint/os_defines.h.rej
patching file libstdc++-v3/configure
patching file libstdc++-v3/configure.host
patching file libstdc++-v3/crossconfig.m4