Re: [MiNT] Alignment 2

Hello!

Question 2: Does Pexec load the executables at an address multiple of 4 ? In other words, is the .text segment long aligned in memory ?

Hehe, what do you think how the kernel manage the memory ... It don't waste it's time to manage 50 byte blocks, that's application area (e.g. MiNTLib malloc()/free()). The kernel manage big memory chunks, e.g. the smallest block you get from kernel by Mxalloc() is the system page size (8 kb [except 68000 CPU where it is 512 byte]).

I don't looked at the code but I would assume that the Pexec loader load the code aligned into the memory block (the memory block is page aligned for sure).

Regards,
Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 060 // MILAN 060