Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.2.2 - My Status....

Hi Keith,

> So, for CFLAGS you could do the -m68060 -O2 (etc) for the bins.

after some reading -- are you sure this isn't the task for BOOT_CFLAGS? Citation from that text:

If you wish to use non-default GCC flags when compiling the stage2 and stage3 compilers, set BOOT_CFLAGS on the command line when doing `make'.

I think CFLAGS will apply for stage1 compiler, too. Which brings us back to the question which compiler (stage1 or stage3) gets installed then ;-)

Curious, when I've read that text some time ago, I didn't notice this:

# Perform a 3-stage bootstrap of the compiler. This includes building three times the target tools for use by the compiler such as binutils (bfd, binutils, gas, gprof, ld, and opcodes) if they have been individually linked or moved into the top level GCC source tree before configuring .

I think I'm going to try this, we'll see what happens ;-)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org