Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.2.2 - My Status....

Hello Miro,

So, for CFLAGS you could do the -m68060 -O2 (etc) for the bins.

after some reading -- are you sure this isn't the task for BOOT_CFLAGS?
Citation from that text:

If you wish to use non-default GCC flags when compiling the stage2 and
stage3 compilers, set BOOT_CFLAGS on the command line when doing `make'.

I think CFLAGS will apply for stage1 compiler, too. Which brings us back to
the question which compiler (stage1 or stage3) gets installed then ;-)

I think those flags will pass the whole way thru the build process. First reason is because of the whole point of the flags, to reduce the compile size but turning off some debug on bins, but keeping it in the libs. Besides, feeding it to make the way it is done, it should always add that to the CFLAGS, etc, being used.

Curious, when I've read that text some time ago, I didn't notice this:

# Perform a 3-stage bootstrap of the compiler. This includes building three
times the target tools for use by the compiler such as binutils (bfd,
binutils, gas, gprof, ld, and opcodes) *if they have been individually
linked or moved into the top level GCC source tree before configuring*.

I think I'm going to try this, we'll see what happens ;-)

Stage 3 of the bootstrap is what is installed. I know this because the one I did, I stripped each binary along the way, and in the end (install) it relinked the final stage bins (because they failed the a crc check it does) and put that in prefix/bin

Good Luck!

Keith