Re: [MiNT] GCC testsuite

If memory serves me right (and we might need to buzz Mark Duckworth for this) the problem with Dejagnu is that our version of expect was too old for the tests, hence why all of the failures. And, building the newer one, some problems were encountered with reading from the terminal correctly. It has been some time though since I think we looked at this (3 years maybe?).

yes, you're right. i reviewed it at my workplace :) it seems we have expect/tcl already in sparemint but dejagnu not. however, expect fails to execute its 'spawn' command (too many open files, nonsense) what is the reason of all that 30k failed testcases.

and yes, you're right again, new expect doesn't allow to enter more then one character from console -- it terminates immediately. did you look into sparemint's expect if there wasn't some patch needed for this? btw another problem with new expect is it wants new tcl where one ioctl call mode isn't implemented in mintlib. again, maybe sparemint's tcl have patch for this, too.

I suppose I can dig into it. I was going to try building a 68060 version of GCC today (along with a binutils rpm and a Cross compiler with the 68060 target). I'll have to see how my time goes as far as starting to build things at different locations.

don't forget that 060 libm/libc if you really want to have 060 and not 000 gcc :) What version you're going to build? Just CFLAGS with m68060 and disabled multilib? Or the same one as mine? (BOOT_CFLAGS='-m68060 etc' -- in this case don't forget to apply patch for file mh-x86omit, replace '=' by '+=' and remove everything except that -fomit-pointer)
I did install your archive on my Falcon, thanks. Only suggestion I can make is that the binaries should be stripped, would greatly reduce the size of the tbz2. Have not used it much yet (I did try ScummVM with a -m68060 and the resulting binary spits out Privilege Violation, but I need to build a debug version to examine closer in gdb). If I play with expect, I'll be using it.

yes, I know, my fault. bz2 archive of stripped binaries is only 10 MB, I'll be more careful next time. Feel free to test it, quake tested only C part of GCC, scummvm may be our C++ test case ;-)

I did build the upcoming ScummVM release with the latest Cross Compiler tools. -O2 produced a 6.5 Meg binary, -Os produced a 5.5 Meg binary. The -Os binary ran roughly 10 to 15% slower than the -O2 produced binary. Not
I think you can freely forget that 1 Meg, the speed is important.

Sorry about the semi off topic babbling....  :)

I find it interesting ;-)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org