Re: [MiNT] GCC testsuite

Hello Miro,

yes, you're right. i reviewed it at my workplace :) it seems we have expect/tcl already in sparemint but dejagnu not. however, expect fails to execute its 'spawn' command (too many open files, nonsense) what is the reason of all that 30k failed testcases.

It seems to me that was where we got stuck, and the prevous package did not have something of any use to fix that, but I could be wrong.

and yes, you're right again, new expect doesn't allow to enter more then one character from console -- it terminates immediately. did you look into sparemint's expect if there wasn't some patch needed for this? btw another problem with new expect is it wants new tcl where one ioctl call mode isn't implemented in mintlib. again, maybe sparemint's tcl have patch for this, too.

It seems to me that Mark was able to build a newer (at least at that time) tcl package with a little work, but, again, it has been a while. I think the tcl hurdle was crossed, but not the expect hurdle.

don't forget that 060 libm/libc if you really want to have 060 and not 000 gcc :) What version you're going to build? Just CFLAGS with m68060 and disabled multilib? Or the same one as mine? (BOOT_CFLAGS='-m68060 etc' -- in this case don't forget to apply patch for file mh-x86omit, replace '=' by '+=' and remove everything except that -fomit-pointer)

Right now, I'm building the Cross Compiler with 060 Multilib support (at least I believe I am) and then after that I plan on trying to rebuild libc for it with 060 support. Where can I find a nice netbsd libm source package? I just started to look at google and so far am just sitting at the netbsd cvs site, keep getting distracted by other items at work today. :)

Anyway, my thought it to do what I am doing now, get 060 libc and maybe libm, and the try to build a native build with it. Maybe with 060 passed to Cflags and multilib disabled in configure. I'm not sure yet. The cross compiler just finished building.

yes, I know, my fault. bz2 archive of stripped binaries is only 10 MB, I'll be more careful next time. Feel free to test it, quake tested only C part of GCC, scummvm may be our C++ test case ;-)

I can give it a try, see if I can find some more time to build a debug version and see what GDB has to say about the crashing.