Re: [MiNT] Binutils 2.18 + GCC 4.2.3

Hello Keith,

ar: B@//?: No such file or directory
nono, I just see "illegal instrucion" exception... it seems like some stack overflow but I really don't know. Really strange it happens only in libgcc linking.

If so, I am seeing wierdness with one item I have been trying to build,
OpenTTD, which has a similar problem, been going back and forth with
Vincent a little on it.
OK, I'll try OpenTTD, too.

I think the process (or cheat) maybe for getting 060 optimized binaries
would be to bootstrap the compiler with the new 060 multilib, and then
pass the -m68060 parameter doing a rebuild (with --disable-bootstrap to
configure), and let it die when it gets to the lib parts, which should be
after executables are already produced.  BTW, I tried -O3 and it increases
Hmm, yes, this could be worth of trying.. I'll try it then :)

the size of cc1 and cc1plus about 1 meg each, that size increase makes me
think its more harm done than the speed increase.  Just sharing.
not necessarily -- -O3 could mean some stuff got unrolled for example. Maybe you could try some measuring, if we got 10% speedup for example, this would be cool, one meg plus minus.

Latest Tar, might need some patches, but it will add bzip2 support which
current tar lacks.  I have successfully built it with GCC4, just seems
wierd being much larger so I did not install it yet.
huh? lacks? where? I tar xjf gcc-4.2.3.tar.bz2 with no problem for years in freemint.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
OK, I'll see what can I test.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org