Re: [MiNT] Binutils 2.18 + GCC 4.2.3

Hello Miro,

If so, I am seeing wierdness with one item I have been trying to build,
OpenTTD, which has a similar problem, been going back and forth with
Vincent a little on it.

OK, I'll try OpenTTD, too.

It'll need a decent amount of messing with the source to compile as its all a custom make backend. I'm messing with 0.5.3 right now. The key points....

Disable threads, make sure it still doesn't try to link threads. You will need to comment out some networking items (or ifdef them), which will fail in the compile. There are even comments in the source where these problems happen abou the need!

I'm uploading it as I type this, will take a little while, http://www.radix.net/~atari/mint/openttdmint.tgz 4 megs, but its a start. My source tree compiles with GCC 2.95.3 and seems to work (breif testing), compiles and fails to link with GCC 4.2.3, linked by hand, the binary works, but there is some problem with inverse colors and text corruption, which I have not even tried to investigate yet.

I previously released http://www.radix.net/~atari/mint/openttd-0.5.1-atari.zip

I'm working on ScummVM right now, will see if I can get back to looking more into OpenTTD, see what is going on with linking. It DOES link with the cross tools, just not natively. The cross compiled binary still has the same problems though. So, my tools build natively could be the problem.

Vincent's next patch has the fix for compiling ScummVM (fixing my thunk issue), that package gives the C++ side of GCC the most workout.

You don't happen to use an IM client of some sort, do you (or hang out on some IRC channel?)

Keith