Re: [MiNT] SV: SV: OT Highwire

Hi All!

Perhaps even the Google Android WebKit build might be a good idea to port
as that one could already be scaled down reasonably.

Best Regards

STanda

On Nov 13, 2008, at 2:20 PM, Petr Stehlik wrote:

J. F. Lemaire píše v Čt 13. 11. 2008 v 13:24 +0100:
2008/11/13 Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>

[...]

     How realistic is it to port WebKit or Gecko to MiNT? I
     wouldn't mind writing the GUI for a web-browser if we have a
     good rendering engine available.

Does anyone with a Linux/m68k setup has any experience with the modern
rendering engines? If yes, is the speed acceptable? That may make for
an interesting point of reference I think.

That is a good point. Somebody with an _accelerated_ X11 on Atari could
try out the kazehakase (to see Gecko speed) and konqueror (for KHTML
which is close to Webkit, I think).

Petr

P.S. I don't know about any Atari hardware setup that would have an
accelerated graphics in linux/m68k.