Re: [MiNT] Re[2]: Current FreeMiNT kernel version

Hi,

7 maj 2009 kl. 13.29 skrev ggn (HOL):

While you're at it, regarding TosWin2, maybe it should be evaluated if Peter Persson's Conholio can replace it? In my eyes it's a much better console than
TosWin2.

Conholio is no where near that stage yet. The terminal emulation is too buggy, the fullscreen code is ugly, there is no cursor and... well lots of stuff is missing. I'm not sure that the design philosophy I choose for Conholio is right for freemint either, and it should probably be viewed as an alternative to TosWin rather than a replacement (even though I might have called it "replacement" myself in the docs).

Actually it does work on graphics cards, at least on my Hades (even though the colours get somewhat funky). I just wrote something about Falcon + Videl in the docs, since did not have time to test it on other setups at that point. The idea is to get access to a "real" text- mode console on VGA cards in the end. Unfortunately this must be written in an ugly manner, since such features are missing in the OS at this point.

A framebuffer device would be handy! :-)

-- PeP