Re: [MiNT] math.h

Le Mon, 25 May 2009 10:11:47 +0200
Miro Kropacek <miro.kropacek@gmail.com> a écrit:

> Only one note: as far as I remember, since we're still using that a.out
> format even for object files, does not this implies the size of libc.a will
> grow no matter if the user uses 1/10 or that math lib or 1/2? The final
> binary of simple hello world is quite huge even in the present.

The final binary size is only due to the initialization code of
mintlib (the part before executing your main() function) using printf()
and friends, and the corresponding vprintf.o file in the mintlib is
~80KB. Rewriting the initialization code would avoid that.

On a side note, I noticed Debian wants to use Eglibc instead of glibc,
maybe it's another libc we should look at, if newlib is not enough. In
either case, the TOS support from mintlib needs to be integrated.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/