Re: [MiNT] New include/mint/sysbind.h

Maurits van de Kamp wrote:
MiNT should really be seen as today's TOS, so if you want to stay compatible with plain TOS, the same rules apply as with any other background compatibility: Just check every syscall you use. ;)

Yes, checking the syscalls and functions I use is the right thing to do, but it is nice if the compiler can provide some help to avoid mistakes. A good example is the MS Windows headers. Basically, everything is in the monolithic header windows.h (similar to sysbind.h). If someone wants to compile a program with new APIs provided only on new OS versions, he has to define _WIN32_WINNT with the target OS version. So by default, a programmer cannot call erroneously new APIs if he he want to stay compatible with older versions.

And I don't think anyone with an 1MB ST is interested in new software, just old games and new demos (and they don't usually use sysbind.h). :)

Well, my only personal interest in Atari machines (besides ColdFire and compiler stuff) is to cross-build new games and new demos for 512KB ST, and I will use sysbind.h ;-)

I just want to say that since we use a syscall generator (a very good thing), we can afford the generation of clean includes for minimizing potential programming mistakes.

--
Vincent Rivière