Re: [MiNT] symlinks and hostfs

Petr Stehlik píše v So 29. 08. 2009 v 10:55 +0200:
> > This works, but it is not the expected result (it should be relative),
> > as shown on the host.
>
> this should be possible to fix in ARAnyM, shouldn't it?

This is because the HostFS's readlink gets source host path, finds out
destination host path and converts back to guest path:

HOSTFS: fs_lookup: X
HOSTFS: fs_lookup stat: /tmp/afros/drive_c/X
HOSTFS: fs_getxattr (/tmp/afros/drive_c/X)
HOSTFS: fs_getxattr (/tmp/afros/drive_c/X)
HOSTFS: fs_readlink: /tmp/afros/drive_c/X
HOSTFS: fs_readlink: -> /tmp/afros/drive_c/tmp
HOSTFS: /fs_readlink: u:\c/tmp

The host fs /tmp/afros/drive_c is converted to u:/c correctly. We are
just missing some optimization that would check whether both the source
and destination are on the same hostfs mount point and then convert the
absolute path to a relative one eventually. I can try hacking something
for you to test.

Petr