Re: [MiNT] symlinks and hostfs

Petr Stehlik a écrit :
doesn't happen here (AFROS 8.12 on Ubuntu) - all symlinks are shown
correctly in ls -l executed by bash running in TosWin2. Can you please
re-try with the same AFROS setup? If it didn't work then I'd suspect
Windows/Cygwin symlink emulation issue rather than ARAnyM/HostFS symlink
handling.

Sorry, I always forget than AFROS is not only a Live CD.
The behaviour is different in AFROS than in my other setup (with same ARAnyM).

1) I copied the "ln" utility from my other to /bin in AFROS (because it is not present).

2) cd /home
This directory uses hostfs (like others in AFROS).

3) ln -s aftp.cfg link
The link is created correctly. I can see it on Cygwin, "ls -l" shows "link -> aftp.cfg"

4) Inside ARAnyM, "ls -l" shows a link (instead of a regular file in my other setup), so it is better. But inside ARAnyM, ls displays the target of the link as an absolute filename:
link -> /d/cygdrive/c/Vincent/afros/drive_c/home/aftp.cfg
This works, but it is not the expected result (it should be relative), as shown on the host.
I also tested with the "ls" from my other setup, same result.

So the behaviour is different in the 2 setups (both being wrong).
Since I used the same ARAnyM and "ls" utility, I think the only difference is the kernel... I will make further tests by swapping kernels.

It's quite puzzling...

--
Vincent Rivière