Re: [MiNT] symlinks and hostfs

Vincent Rivière a écrit :
4) Inside ARAnyM, "ls -l" shows a link (instead of a regular file in my other setup), so it is better. But inside ARAnyM, ls displays the target of the link as an absolute filename:
link -> /d/cygdrive/c/Vincent/afros/drive_c/home/aftp.cfg
This works, but it is not the expected result (it should be relative), as shown on the host.

I didn't notice at first, but even the absolute path displayed as target is wrong. There is a bogus /d prefix inserted before the actual absolute target.

But, Petr, since you said you fixed it, it should be correct now.
Many thanks for that.

Since I used the same ARAnyM and "ls" utility, I think the only difference is the kernel... I will make further tests by swapping kernels.

Bad luck, if I put Petr's kernel into my minimal setup, it still fails: symlinks are displayed as regular files.

Finally I found the difference in... ARAnyM config file.

From AFROS' config file:
[HOSTFS]
A =
B =
C = drive_c
D = /

We can see that by default / is mounted on D, and that's why we don't see the bug in AFROS. I guess this has something to do with that symlink-target-is-mounted-elsewhere mechanism.

So Petr, remove that mount on D, and you will see the problem like Alan and I (symlinks will appear as regular files).

And I notice something... I'm pretty sure that bogus prefix /d in the paragraph above is actually related to / being mounted on D. LOL

Anyway, I'm totally lost with that stat/fxattr stuff...
I think we should first fix those symlink issues in the current implementation. Then we could add stat64 support in ARAnyM if it makes things better and if we manage to fix that timezone issues.
Let's fix things step by step...

--
Vincent Rivière