Re: [MiNT] symlinks and hostfs

Vincent Rivière píše v So 29. 08. 2009 v 23:01 +0200:
> > link -> /d/cygdrive/c/Vincent/afros/drive_c/home/aftp.cfg
> > This works, but it is not the expected result (it should be relative),
> > as shown on the host.
>
> I didn't notice at first, but even the absolute path displayed as target
> is wrong. There is a bogus /d prefix inserted before the actual absolute
> target.

it's not bogus as the /d/ in FreeMiNT is D:\ in TOS, i.e. root of your
host FS in Cygwin.

> But, Petr, since you said you fixed it, it should be correct now.
> Many thanks for that.

Glad I could help and thanks for the bug report. Apparently you're first
or second who is trying to use HostFS for something more serious than
just exchanging data between host and guest.

> We can see that by default / is mounted on D, and that's why we don't
> see the bug in AFROS.

I have just removed the D: mapping in AFROS and it's still working
correctly.

> And I notice something... I'm pretty sure that bogus prefix /d in the
> paragraph above is actually related to / being mounted on D. LOL

that's why it's not bogus at all - see above.

> Anyway, I'm totally lost with that stat/fxattr stuff...
> I think we should first fix those symlink issues in the current
> implementation. Then we could add stat64 support in ARAnyM if it makes
> things better and if we manage to fix that timezone issues.
> Let's fix things step by step...

I agree and I am holding back the actual release of 0.9.9beta trying to
figure out what problem with symlinks you are having.

Petr