Re: [MiNT] qed

Helmut Karlowski skreiv:

There were always problems with the RAW/COOKED-state of the keyboard in
MiNT. In COOKED ^C is kill, ^Z is stop, etc. Therefore I wrote an
accessory in the last millenium that constantly emits \r to console to keep
it RAW. Dont know how, but this helps. I only run this acc without
XaAES though. But I run another GEM-app all day, that also emits \r.
Maybe you could try to run this accessory (contact me if interested)?

I guess I've missed something obvious, but how can the keyboard affect AES applications like this? AES applications get their keypresses through the AES (the event system) and not by reading from the keyboard device. It's the AES that does this, so if Ctrl+C does anything at all it should kill the AES. The kernel doesn't know which application the AES is forwarding keypresses to, so it wouldn't know which application to kill anyway.

But as I said, I've probably missed something obvious.

Jo Even