Re: [MiNT] qed

on 8/13/09 5:42 AM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> This is not completely impossible.
>
> There were always problems with the RAW/COOKED-state of the keyboard in
> MiNT. In COOKED ^C is kill, ^Z is stop, etc. Therefore I wrote an
> accessory in the last millenium that constantly emits \r to console to keep
> it RAW. Dont know how, but this helps. I only run this acc without
> XaAES though. But I run another GEM-app all day, that also emits \r.
> Maybe you could try to run this accessory (contact me if interested)?
>
> But qed should not just freeze on a kill but terminate ...
>
> Is there no ALERT when qed freezes?

No, Using N.Aes here.  However, the console is open so if there is some msg
I would see it for sure.

But, this jogs my memory I had noticed control-z in my own hand made editor,
would leak through and do something.  I discovered that removing the
pdomain(1) call from my program seemed to cure it, so I made the long file
names optional in my program and leave it off.

So if someone want to add a new feature to QED, how about an option to
disable long file names?  So it skips the pdomain(1) call. That might solve
it, and since I'm using devpac, I don't need the long file names anyway.
;-))

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/