Re: [MiNT] symlinks and hostfs

Alan Hourihane wrote:
It doesn't ignore it. The initial call to path2cookie() does the real
work and operates on the "flag". Then it passes the actual details to
the filesystem call. So aranym is never asked to do a stat() directly,
it's just emulating what it thinks it should do.

Sorry, I didn't understand that stuff around path2cookie().

Well, I think every function looking like stat(), lstat(), getxattr(), and so on should be explicitly documented with the expected behaviour with symlinks. It seems that, about symlinks, the hostfs interface is not interpreted in the same way between FreeMiNT and ARAnyM :-(

--
Vincent Rivière