Re: [MiNT] XaAES

Am 19.08.2009, 13:27 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

This is not the same thing. As you know, XaAES will automatically generate underscores for Alt-shortcuts in dialogs when loading a RSC, and also when handling alerts. Some people like to pad the button-strings in alerts with spaces, in this case the first button always get Alt+space as shortcut. Space should not be considered a valid shortcut IMO.

Ah - now I think I know what you mean: The underscore is sometimes left beneath
the text (Always wondered, where this comes from)?

If yes, it should be easy to fix.

I can mail you a test-program if you like.

Go ahead.

try it somehow. Do you have a 060-binary I can test on my Milan?

Yes. BTW: If you can mail you have internet? Cant you use Nullmodem+ZMODEM to transfer?

IIRC Ozk has already done a lot of work on this but never checked it in. He made loadable modules to do resolution changes on the Videl, Nova and Milan hardware.

There is a lot of code for the resolution-change, but its deactivated. I
removed it from app_man.c(?) and made a seperate file of it. Isnt this
present already in teradesk? Maybe someone could make a km for this, so
it will not be present in XaAES and teradesk simultaniously.

- Make the G_SLIST-object available to applications :-)

YES! I was planning this as the next major enhancement, somehow forgot
to mention it, maybe it is so high on the todo-list that I could not see
it :)

I guess magic has something similar, maybe one could make the XaAES
compatible to this (at least).

But if theres going to be a release, I suggest not to include this yet, for
the scrlobjc-thing needs some general rework before IMHO.

- A better Control-Alt-Tab handler. One that puts the previously top application in front of the list, and skips accessories. Or provide a

I dont understand what you mean. If there are 4 apps (* ist top): *1 2 3 4.
Now C-A-TAB switches to 2, the next to 1 again? One could probably control
the direction by using shift, so C-A-S-TAB goes back ...

clean hook into Control-Alt-Tab so I can enable the handler in Taskbar again ;-)

We must watch out not to mix the features of XaAES-taskmanager and Taskbar. I admit I
do not know taskbar very well yet.

All good stuff, but is this really kernel-stuff? I would rather see this as a separate application that can be called by a special key-combo

This taskmanager-wishlist is more or less science-fiction, I was just
dreaming ("Would be nice...").

Its on the very bottom of my todo.

(like Alt+Help will execute althelp.sys today). You can find all the necessary information in /kern anyway (well, not network traffic perhaps).

The information is there but its some work to make a tree-list-window of it.

My idea to proceed is:

- Implement your fixes

- I would then send you the 060-binary, so you can test

- Fix the things you find

- Fix the things I listed if possible

- Find a victim to send the patches to

- Find more victims to try to compile and run the XaAES on more
different machines.

- If its all stable: make a cleanup and eliminate redundant code (if possible).

- Test again on all hardware

- Add documentation on the code, so a newbie is able to understand whats
happening (optional)

- Release XaAES 0.998 beta ...

But without a MiNT 1.17 the last is rather senseless.

-Helmut