Re: [MiNT] FVDI/XBIOS (was Re: XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3)

on 12/10/09 2:56 PM, Patrice Mandin wrote:

> Le Thu, 10 Dec 2009 13:27:08 -0500
> Lonny Pursell <atari@bright.net> a écrit:
>
>> on 12/10/09 1:08 PM, Patrice Mandin wrote:
>>
>>> As a general rule, don't use Xbios functions if you want to draw stuff
>>> using VDI, and don't assume the VDI will give you the same
>>> framebuffer/output device as the one the Xbios function gives you.
>>
>> Is there a way to get the screen address from the VDI without resorting to
>> an NVDI call, some way that is compatible with the old VDI in tos rom?
>
> Yep, when EdDI is available, you can get the framebuffer address used
> by the VDI; or 0 (=NULL) if this address is not available like it is the
> case for Aranym+FVDI.

I knew that, EdDI is part of NVDI.  ;0)  Maybe I was not clear.  Say for
example I boot a falcon clean with no hard drive or floppy, is there a VDI
call built into the TOS ROMS VDI that will give me the screen address?

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/